Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Annoucing a Merger

"Be the change that you want to see in the world."
Mohandas Gandhi

All along I've thought I had two plans. Plan A: save the world. Plan B: save yourself and your loved ones. Now I realize that they are but two aspects of the same mission. To save the world is to create a safe haven -- to live in harmony with myself, my fellow humans, and with Mother Gaia. My mission is to be the change I want in this world.

I began with a vision of how the world could be if we were to stop seeing 'other' as something separate from ourselves, something to be conquered, exploited, and controlled and started seeing 'other' as an extension of ourselves and as necessary to our own survival as the heart is to the brain. What would our communities look like in such a world? What would our lives be like? I imagined such a place and then wondered if such a place already exists.

It does. It is called Earthaven and it is in the mountains of North Carolina. I'm not sure how I can get there from here, from this place in my life, but I hereby set it as my intention to someday join Earthaven and finish out my days living the future I want for the world. In the meantime, I give thanks for people whose dreams I share and for the hard work they are doing to make our shared vision a reality. Keep my place open. I am coming.

No comments: