Saturday, October 25, 2008

Doo doo doo-doo, doo doo doo-doo

I'm going to go out on a limb here. First of all, I will confess that I can be credulous. I believe too easily. I am not skeptical enough for my own good. But I am trying to reform. In my effort at self-reformation, I have been attempting to think things through more carefully, to examine my assumptions as well as my reasoning, and to live by the mantra, "check it out." I think I've been doing a pretty good job of it. Well, I was, anyhow.

Secondly, I hold to the belief that science still has much to discover. Science hasn't always known about microbes or photons or ultraviolet rays. Just because science hasn't discovered something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And even science says there are other dimensions than the ones we experience with our senses. Science also says that we are beings of energy -- energy that is measured by EKG's and lie detectors, for example. Psychics and mediums of various ilk claim that they have learned to 'see' not only our energy fields but also beings, or 'spirits,' that inhabit the other dimensions. These mediums claim that some of these spirits are friendly and some are not. I have personally known people who both see and communicate with these beings. I cannot verify their experiences, but I am convinced that while they could be mistaken, they are not deliberately lying. I don't know if what they claim is real, but I admit to the possibility that it is. I just don't know.

Now when my sister sent me an email link to Blossom Goodchild's channeled message from extraterrestrials announcing their impending arrival on 14 October 2008, I was deeply skeptical. Anyone who would call herself "Blossom Goodchild" . . . Still, the message intrigued me . . . could it be true? Are we the only intelligent beings in the universe? I think not. Are we the most highly evolved beings in the universe? I hope not!! Is it impossible that more highly evolved beings would take an interest in our planet and even come to our aid at such a critical juncture in the history of Earth? Not impossible. Unlikely, but not impossible. I gave it one chance in a hundred.

But there was more. Other mediums were confirming Blossom's channeled message. I read some of their previous readings and my disbelief monitor started humming. These mediums are truly weird. For one thing, they see conspiracies in everything. One channeled being, "Matthew," goes so far as to claim that hurricanes Ike and Gustav were empowered by an evil cabal of power-hungry space aliens, the Illuminati -- an organization which includes Hillary Clinton, GW Bush and John Kerry. Okay, maybe GW Bush . . . . but really!!! So, the odds of 'First Contact' dropped to one in a million. But still, it was one in a million. There was a chance. . . and I oh so wanted it to be true.

October 14 came and went. Nothing. Nada. No gigantic spaceships hovering over American cities. Dang!! I really wanted to meet those guys and see if they really had answers to the mess we've created. Would have been cool. Major cool.

So what happened to Blossom Goodchild? She had nothing to gain and everything to lose with the predictions she had made. On October 16, she posted a video on YouTube explaining that she had no explanation. She did not try to make excuses. She was obviously confused and hurt by what she saw as a betrayal. The comments posted to her video were ugly, vicious, and nasty in the extreme. So why? Why did she say the things she did?

Well, I can think of several explanations. One is that she is a woman with an overactive imagination whose mind played tricks on her and led her to believe she was in contact with other beings when she really wasn't. Another is that she really was in contact with extraterrestrials who either lied to her or used her for their own purposes -- in which case they are not the beings of love and light that they claim to be. And the last is that malicious spirits took advantage of a susceptible mind. In the last case, they could have done as they did to play a sadistic prank, or it could have been to impugn the reputation of the real extraterrestrials. In the last case, the very last case, we could still have help on the way.

I guess it speaks to how badly I think we need help as to the size of the straws I am now grasping. I give it a one in five million chance. But still, it is one in five million!

On the news today, multiple individuals from a small town in Texas reported seeing what appeared to be a spaceship in the night sky . . . Doo doo doo-doo, doo doo doo-doo. (For those of you who don't recognize the lyrics, that's the theme from "The Twilight Zone.")

2 comments:

Corynder said...

A lot of people believed that her contacts mixed the calander up. October the 14th, in the old Calender, actully fell on the 24th of October in ours.

(By the way, her name really is Blossom Goodchild and her last name was a combination of Goodie and something Child when she got married.)

gaias daughter said...

Thanks, Corynder for explaining about her name. It seemed a bit too precious to be real, but that shows how little I know.