Sunday, January 1, 2012

It Works for Me

Rather than dig around in an over-cluttered brain for something true and wise to write as 2012 dawns, I’ll just share a few wise words that others have written.

“ . . . my wish for all of us for 2012: that we may each find our way of living from the very centre of who & what we are; that we find a deeper level of freedom to be who we are without concern for others' opinions or life-limiting beliefs we were taught or constructed around a fantasy of inner or outer "safety." I smile as I write this. Life is not safe- it is unpredictable & short, a messy mix of joy & sorrow, a glorious plethora of endings and beginnings.

. . . seeing the new year through the lens of heart, mindful of the gift of being in this breath-takingly beautiful world. My New Year's resolution? To savour each moment, every taste & texture, sound & scent, shape & colour; to hear the music & dance when I can; to allow the divine light embedded in the centre of every cell of my being to guide & direct me.”
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek." Joseph Campbell

My personal resolution for 2012 is to wear more feathers in my hair. Not as profound as Oriah's, but it works for me.

No comments: