Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Online Community

Today, I am thankful for the internet. The first thing I do, each morning, is make myself a cup of tea and turn on the computer. I never know what I will find there -- it's like opening a treasure box. Some days, there are photos or videos of my wonderful, beautiful, amazing grandchildren. Some days there are messages from friends I hadn't heard from in years. Some days there are links to transcendent music and goose-bump inducing photographs of our incredible world. Some days there is poetry that touches my heart or news stories that twist my gut. But every day, there is a connection that occurs -- a deep and satisfying connection to the world of ideas, creativity, and to the lives of others. Today, among other wonders, there was this.

No comments: